Keeping Families Together And Immigration Status Right
It is perfectly natural for parents and children, husbands and wives, and brothers and sisters to want to live in the same country. American immigration laws have supported family togetherness in many ways, for many years. Sometimes obstacles seem large, however, when family members try to sponsor others for visas or green cards and run up into complications or delays. Law Office of Rafael J. Borras in San Antonio places a high priority on helping clients obtain family-based visas and other immigration benefits. We welcome the opportunity to advise on applications for visas and green cards for family members of permanent residents or U.S. citizens.
Types Of Family-Based Immigration Opportunities
Some family-based immigrant visas are available for immediate relatives, normally without limitations. These include:
- IR-1: Spouses of U.S. citizens
- IR-2: Unmarried children (under age 21) of U.S. citizens
- IR-3: Orphans from abroad adopted by U.S. citizens
- IR-4: Parents of U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old
- K visas for finance(e)s of U.S. citizens
Other family-based immigrant visas are allowed through preference systems. Limited numbers are allowed each year throughout the United States. These may take longer — even years longer — to obtain. Examples include:
- F1: Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and their minor children
- F2: Spouses, minor children and unmarried sons and daughters, 21 years old or older, of permanent residents
- F3: Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children
- F4: Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens (aged 21 and older), and their spouses and children
The lists above are simplified and do not spell out the many details that may be involved in specific family situations. The best way to move closer to your goal of keeping your family together in the U.S. is to work closely with an experienced immigration law attorney. Law Office of Rafael J. Borras is well-equipped to guide you in the most efficient and direct ways to accomplish your family’s immigration goals.
Welcoming Your Inquiry
Please begin by letting us know about your family-based immigration hopes and objectives. Law Office of Rafael J. Borras is ready to help, beginning with the very first consultation. Attorney Rafael Borras in our San Antonio office has helped many previous clients, especially in Texas, California and Florida. If your family has been affected by difficulties at the U.S. border, we can guide you through the most expedient path to resolution.
Call 210-761-6589 or email us to schedule an appointment with immigration lawyer Rafael Borras at your earliest convenience.